You are about to leave the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices website and go to an external website.
MEGADYNE Smoke Evacuator
Change the Air. The MEGADYNE Smoke Evacuator delivers effective and quiet performance for open and laparoscopic procedures.1-3*
Change the Air.
Why Smoke Evacuation?
CDC*: "Exposure to surgical smoke can cause both acute and chronic health effects ranging from eye, nose and throat irritation to emphysema, asthma or chronic bronchitis"4†
The Association of periOperative Registered Nurses recommends that surgical smoke be removed by use of smoke evacuation in both open and laparoscopic cases.5‡
The MEGADYNE Smoke Evacuator enables automatic activation with electrosurgical generators that deliver monopolar, bipolar, ultrasonic, and advanced bipolar energy.1§ Run time is adjustable, and users can choose from five levels of flow rate for both laparoscopic and open procedures.
The MEGADYNE Smoke Evacuator Filter
- Is designed to capture particulates and micro-organisms of 0.1-0.2 microns at 99.999% efficiency.1
- Lasts up to 36 hours of activation time.1¶
MEGADYNE Smoke Evacuator is designed to have effective and quiet performance for open and laparoscopic procedures.1-3*
MEGADYNE MINI VAC Smoke Evacuator
Is designed with an ultra-quiet, high-suction, high flow-rate vacuum motor.1 The electronic controls on the face panel have been designed to be user-friendly and facilitate setup and operation. Filter Life Indicator provides a clear signal of the status of the life of the filter in use (filters have up to 35 hours of life).
*Efficiently captures and filters 99.999% of particulates and microorganisms of 0.1 to 0.2 microns and performs quiet at 50 +/- 10 dBa per IEC 60601-1 at 1 m, with [59.2 dBA in open mode] [and/or] [51.9 dBA in lap mode] at 1 m"
†Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
‡As per the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses periOperative Standards and Recommended Practices.
§Activates with monopolar, bipolar, ultrasonic, and advanced bipolar energy
¶Laparoscopic, minimum flow rate
- As per Instructions For Use (131252-200127, 131256-200722,131337-200128)
- Ethicon, ENG-RPT-704 Filter Physical characteristics comparison with predicate device filter, Oct 2019, Data on File (131252-200127)
- Ethicon, ENG-RPT-753, MESE1 competitive sound test report, Feb 2020, Data on File (131252-200127)
- NIOSH Study Finds Healthcare Workers’ Exposure to Surgical Smoke Still Common. Nov 3, 2015 available at https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/updates/upd-11-03-15.html [accessed 19.02.2020] (132927-200819)
- AORN, periOperative Standards and Recommended Practices, AORN Inc. 2019; 1-24 (119260-200219)